March 11, 2015 update: Please see this page for an updated disclosure statement.
We interrupt our regular programming for a statement from the owner with regard to the Federal Trade Commission’s pending new guidelines concerning bloggers, endorsements, advertisements, and acceptance of compensation for opinions posted on blogs.
I would like to make the following public disclosure of my policies concerning this blog:
- The opinions, beliefs, findings, or experience stated on this blog are my own, unless explicitly stated otherwise.
- I accept no compensation of any kind in exchange for any of my work on this blog.
- I do not advertise or accept advertising of any kind. If you see advertising in association with this blog, it was placed without my permission.
- Products, places, and services that I mention or review on this blog have been paid for by me at my own expense and not provided for review by anyone else.
- I do not identify myself before I review a product place or service – reviews are anonymous.
- I do not convey that my experiences are representative of what you will experience, only that they are what I experienced – your mileage may vary.
- I’m sorry that it is even necessary to say this.
We now return you to our (somewhat) regulary scheduled programming.