On May 4th 2007, I wrote this blog’s first post:
I don’t remember why I decided to start. I think I was just playing around – excited about the trip and wanting to share. There was no plan to continue, much less for 482 more posts!
The blog’s evolved over time – and I developed a purpose that I try to fulfill (described in the introduction on the Contents / Index page). I hope people do find some photographically useful info in each entry. Although today might be an exception 🙂
You may not realize that this isn’t the most popular site on the internet. There are 218 email subscribers, 21 more via WordPress.com, and an unknown number of regular readers via RSS. About 30 – 60 more views per day come in outside of the subscriptions. If I were selling adds or something else, I’d worry about increasing views, but I’m not. So it’s a tiny corner of the web – and I’m very grateful for my regular readers and visitors and their interest.
Here’s a list of the posts / pages people viewed the most over the last year:
- Contents / Index
- St. Augustine, Florida and vicinity – photo hints
- Melbourne Beach Turtle Walk
- Comparing Gatorland to the St. Augustine Alligator Farm
- Favorite Florida Landscape Photos
- Florida Waterfalls?
- Lake Jesup Flowers – 2013
- Get ready for the Lake Jesup flowers
- Lake Jesup Conservation Area Wildflowers
- Blue Cypress Lake
- Handy bird nesting season reference
- Marineland Beach
- Beauty and Bugs in the Soggy Swamp: Sunflowers, 2015
- Fort De Soto Bird Migration
- Eagles, Owls, and more at Orlando’s Greenwood Park and Greenwood Cemetery
- Airstream Ranch
- Digital Infrared Photography – a post processing example
- Kodiak, Alaska
- The Lake Jesup Flowers are back!
- Galleries / Portfolio
And here’s a list of the most common search terms leading to the blog over the past year:
- photo opportunities in orlando fl
- port orange camera club
- sunflower field central florida
- images of great blue heron in flight
- animal kingdom florida
- infrared post processing e-pl1
- places to take pictures in st augustine fl
- nikon d7000 vs d90 image samples
- sunflower field near ocala florida
- marl bed flats florida
- oviedo camera club
- central florida photo ops
- photo oportunities in florida
- lake jesup wildflowers
- viera wetlands park update november 2016
- wildlife photo opportuniites in floroda
- blue cypress lake swallowtailed kites
- infrared photography post processing
- photographic areas in florida
Both of these seem to show that I’m coming close to meeting the blog’s purpose.
I enjoy the photography and writing. And the weekly posts motivate me to keep going out and exploring. I also enjoy occasionally reading old posts. I have no plans to retire Central Florida Photo Ops, although I don’t have any idea how much longer I’ll continue – I never imagined it would last this long! I think it does probably need some refreshing. If you have any ideas on that, let me know.
And just so we don’t have a post without a photo, here’s one from the archives. Is it a metaphor? A subtle message? Only the blog knows.
As a reminder, you can use the “Archives” pulldown on the right (or in the menu on the mobile version) to browse older posts. You can use the “Categories” pulldown to filter on specific locations. And you can use the search box to find posts on any given subject.
Thank you so, so much for stopping by and reading my blog. Now – go make some photos!
©2007 – 2017, Ed Rosack. All rights reserved